Live Healthy Kauai provides tools and resources for Kauai residents and visitors to live active and healthier lives. Whether you’re looking to improve your diet, boost your level of activity or ramp up your already healthy lifestyle, Live Healthy Kauai can help you.
- Learn how you can improve your diet
- Select from numerous healthy recipes for you and your loved ones
- Access tools to count calories and make better choices
- Get information about the benefits of physical activity and fitness
- Learn about different healthy activities and exercises
- See the abundance of opportunities that Kauai provides for being active
- Access tools for measuring your level of activity
- Understand the relationship between maintaining a healthy weight, chronic disease and your overall well-being
- Find hikes, beaches, workout groups, events, programs, farmers markets, health stores, hospitals, community centers and more that are available to you across the island
TRACK YOUR PROGRESS
- Create a FREE account with Live Healthy Kauai to get your own, personalized diet, activity and weight change dashboard
- Track the amount of calories you consume every day and over time
- Track how many calories you burn through your day-to-day physical activity
- Add reminders, memories, motivation and milestones to your daily journal
- See and celebrate the progress you make
Live Healthy Kauai is brought to you by Wilcox Memorial Hospital, an affiliate of Hawaii Pacific Health. Founded in 1938, Wilcox Memorial Hospital is a not-for-profit hospital dedicated to providing the Kauai community with accessible, quality health care. The largest medical center on Kauai, it is a state-of-the-art acute care facility with a full suite of services across 22 specialties.
About | Healthy Kauai
Wilcox works with local health care providers, leaders and other partners to evaluate and address the vital health needs in Kauai County. We are pleased to share our Community Health Needs Assessment and implementation plans with you that includes our emphasis on improving access to health services, and promoting exercise, nutrition and weight management.
If you have any feedback about these plans, please contact us.
CHNA (Community Health Needs Assessments)
- 2016 Community Health Needs Assessment (PDF)
- 2013 Community Health Needs Assessment (PDF)
- Implementation Strategy Plan (PDF)
- Community Health Needs Assessment (PDF)
- Appendix (PDF)
- Kauai Community Health Improvement Plan Phase 2, June 2014 (PDF)
- Assets Mapping: Kauai Island (PDF)
Holo Holo 2020 (Kauai Mayor’s Initiative)
Mayor Bernard P. Carvalho, Jr., created a vision for Kauai during his Inauguration speech on December 1, 2010 that has resounded throughout Kauai, the State of Hawaii, and the mainland United States. The vision, called Holo Holo 2020, calls for all organizations, businesses, residents and visitors on Kauai to be part of creating an island that is sustainable, values our native culture, has a thriving and healthy economy, cares for all – keiki to kupuna, and has a responsible and user-friendly local government. The Mayor's speech listed 38 projects which, when realized, will bring us to the vision of Holo Holo 2020. Over the next four years, the Mayor will be tracking progress on these projects, and will illuminate that progress through use of the Holo Holo 2020 logo.
Mayor's Holo Holo 2020 Address
Mayor Carvalho outlined his Holo Holo 2020 vision during his Inauguration speech on December 1, 2010. Join the Mayor as he takes you on a virtual tour of Kauai in the year 2020 with this vision fully realized. The Mayor’s remarks begin at 1:02:50 into the program.
Holo Holo 2020 Projects (PDF)
Each project is tied to one of the Mayor's five areas of focus, which were identified when he first took office in 2008: Supporting our Economy; Becoming More Sustainable; Planning Wisely for our Future; Caring for our Community; Delivering Excellent Customer Service
Holo Holo 2020 Presentation (PDF)
The Mayor has been sharing his Holo Holo 2020 vision all over Kauai.
Mayor's Community Outreach Holo Holo 2020 update August 2012 (PDF)
Mayor Carvalho shares his Holo Holo vision with UNECO, a California non-profit organization, and noted filmmaker Aldo Vidali.
Healthy Hawaii Initiative (Hawaii Department of Health)
For over ten years, the Hawaii State Department of Health’s Healthy Hawaii Initiative (HHI) has been supporting healthy lifestyles by implementing policies and programs to create sustainable changes in Hawaii’s communities, schools and workplaces. Launched in 2000, HHI is a statewide effort focused on reducing three core behaviors that contribute to chronic disease: smoking, inactivity and poor diet. HHI has made significant strides in helping Hawaii’s residents lead healthy lives and has been recognized for its success as a comprehensive public sector prevention program. HHI has expanded its efforts to also include chronic disease management programs and is now known as the Department of Health’s Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion Division (CDPHPD). For more information on CDPHPD programs, please visit Hawaii.gov.
Start Living Healthy is the Hawaii State Department of Health’s (DOH) statewide health promotion campaign. Funded with Tobacco Settlement Funds, this multimedia educational campaign, with partnerships in both the private and public sectors, is designed to provide the people of Hawaii with easy to understand information on healthy living.